SALTY, SAVORY, SPICED NUTS with a HINT OF SWEET! Can’t decide between sweet or savory? This Party Nut Mix is the perfect combination of sweet, salty, and spicy! Add fresh herbs for the extra pow! Delicious served right out of the oven or room temperature. And a great hostess gift too.
by Carrie Paul
Yield 1 cup
Party Nut Mix
¼ cup raw cashews
¼ cup raw walnuts
- ¼ cup raw pecans
¼ cup raw pepita (pumpkin) seeds
1 Tbsp. butter
1 ½ Tbsp. brown sugar
¼ – ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
1 -2 tsp. coarse kosher or sea salt
1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Mix nuts in a medium bowl to combine.
- Bake on a large sheet pan (or cookie sheet) until light golden brown, approximately 10 minutes.
- While nuts are cooking, melt butter in a small-sized glass pyrex dish (or other microwave save dish) in microwave for 20 seconds.
- Add brown sugar, cayenne, salt and rosemary to butter and mix well.
- Thoroughly toss the warm toasted nuts with the spiced butter. Serve warm or room temp.