Feed your family and friends these super moist and rich, dye-free Valentine’s Day Brownies. Serve them in squares or use a heart-shaped cookie cutter! You won’t want to eat another candy heart with harmful FDA BLUE 1, YELLOW5, RED40 YELLOW6 food dyes.
CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY SWIRL BROWNIES
Recipe by Carrie Paul – The Longest Fork (Inspired by George Duran)
Servings: 16-20 Brownies
Raspberry Swirl Ingredients:
2 cups frozen raspberries, thawed
6 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
½ cup sugar
1 egg, room temperature
2 Tbsp. flour
Chocolate Brownie Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
¾ cup sugar
3 eggs, large, room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2/3 cup cacao powder
1 cup flour
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F and prepare a 9x13in. baking pan with oil or parchment paper.
- Puree raspberries in a blender until smooth and strain through a fine mesh sieve. Measure out 1/3 cup seed-free raspberry sauce. Reserve remaining seeded raspberries for smoothie or compost.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer, combine 1/3 cup raspberry puree with remaining Raspberry Swirl Ingredients and beat until smooth. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, beat softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat an additional 30 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients (cacao powder, flour, salt, and baking powder) and stir until just combined. Be sure not to over mix.
- Spread 2/3 of the chocolate brownie batter into the prepared pan. Then top with the raspberry mixture and spread evenly. Add remaining chocolate batter in dollops and then using a knife make swirls throughout. Bake for 30-40 minutes until cooked through. Cool then cut into squares or shapes using a cookie cutter.