THERE REALLY IS SOMETHING ABOUT FRESH MOZZARELLA. Pair it with juicy, cheery tomatoes and you have one of the most delicately delicious and simply snacks, like, ever. And just when you thought it couldn’t get better, I’ve whipped up a super easy, super yummy nut-free basil pesto recipe to top off your handmade skewers. So dig in!
TOMATO & MOZZARELLA BITES
Serves 12 pieces
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 Mini Mozzarella
- 6-12 pieces Fresh basil, depending on size of leaf
- Salt and pepper
- Nut-Free Basil Pesto (recipe below)
- Slice tomatoes in half. And slice mini mozzarella balls in half.
- Alternate tomato, cheese, basil on 3-4” appetizer skewer.
- Season with salt and pepper and drizzle Nut-Free Basil Pesto.
NUT FREE BASIL PESTO
Yield: Approximately 1 cup
- 1 bunch basil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove leaves from basil.
- Combine basil, parmesan cheese, and garlic into food processor and process until chopped thoroughly, intermittently scraping down sides.
- Add lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Stir and serve as a dipping sauce or on a sandwich or pasta.
- Store extra in sealed container in refrigerator for up to 1 week.