THIS RECIPE IS A MOUTH ZAPPER. I was inspired by Rick Bayless’s guacamole from the Red O and adapted his recipe slightly for a spiced-up version! From the slight kick of the serrano chili to the fresh burst of sweetness from the pomegranates to the earthy crunch of walnuts, this is a fabulous fall accompaniment to this meal or as a mouthwatering starter.
by Carrie Paul (Adapted from Rick Baylees of Red O)
- 2 avocados, smashed
- ¼ cup finely-chopped sun-dried tomatoes (NOT in oil)
- ¼ cup finely chopped white onion
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro (plus extra for garnish)
- ½ serrano chili
- Juice of one lime
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ – ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 3-4 Tbsp. raw, coarsely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together. Refrigerate for 30 minutes for more intense flavor.
- Garnish with extra cilantro leaves and enjoy!