THERE’S NOTHING LIKE GOOD, HOMEMADE BISCOTTI. Or at least that’s what I’ve come to conclude after taste testing dozens of different versions of the classic Italian treat. I was always up in the air on this stuff (mainly because of the way I had been served it), it was always a different consistency, texture, or taste–too hard, too sweet, or too yuck. So I through confusion and desperation I decided to cook up a batch of my own, alternated form of what has now become one of my favorite sweet treats. And I think it pasts the perfect crunch–and taste test.
Yield: 2 Loaves
- ½ cup vegetable oil (grapeseed)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Almonds or other nuts optional
- Preheat oven to 325F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat together vegetable oil, coconut sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- In a medium to large bowl, mix flour and baking powder. Slowly stir in liquid mixture. Batter will be very thick.
- Fold in chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Divide batter into two loaves.
- Bake at 325F for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, cut into biscotti and return to 350F oven for an additional 15–20 minutes.
- Store in airtight container.
Did it pass the taste test? I’m dying to know! Share with your friends or comment below! Happy cooking :)